D.I.D. Professional Line chain kit (chain+front/rear sprockets)
- You can trust the expertise of the worldwide OEM supplier. Louis sells the original kit (comprising chain + front/rear sprockets) from the Japanese manufacturer Daido Corp. and its authorised German importer. Don't settle for anything less.
- Top quality for the most demanding conditions. We supply what is surely the most widely used motorbike chain in the world, produced by state-of-the-art manufacturing methods from top-quality components. Extremely long life and noticeably smoother running will convince you, as they have many of the top motorcycle racers.
- D.I.D chain kits come with front and rear sprockets from brand-name OEMs Sunstar, ESJOT and JT. Milled sprockets made of high-grade steel guarantee long service life. Please note, however, that any rubber silencer pads on original sprockets are no longer required.
- On 500cc or larger motorcycle models, only X-ring chains with gold-plated outer plates are used
The next generation of chains from D.I.D is the result of years of development work in the world of racing, with the focus on rigidity. The rigidity of a chain means its ability to resist deformation and stretching. Higher rigidity means softer handling, less power loss and faster reaction of the chain.
- the best D.I.D chain available today in terms of rigidity
(10% higher than its predecessor, the ZVM2)
- Highest wear resistance index to date
- The D.I.D X-ring design halves the power loss due to friction compared to an O-ring chain
- Higher rigidity (7% higher than its predecessor, the VM)
- Best value for money of all the D.I.D chains
Service life is far superior to the VM
- D.I.D® chains in the OEM kits are always supplied in accordance with the specifications of the vehicle manufacturer or Daido Corp. Go to "Further product info" or refer to the D.I.D catalogue to see whether the chain kit comes with an endless chain or a chain with rivet or clip connecting link.
- The catalogue page has an "S" (standing for "connecting link") column indicating the type of chain, as follows: E = endless chain, N = chain with rivet-type connecting link and C = chain with clip connecting link.
- As a general rule we recommend that, for your own safety, endless chains should not be modified prior to fitting. If, however, this would involve dismantling the swing arm and you, or the workshop, wish to avoid this operation, you can also order a suitable connecting link from us. You will find a range of links if you enter the search term "Connecting link" or check in the latest Louis catalogue. You should take into account any information from the chain manufacturer concerning the warranty. You can find this information in the installation instructions supplied with the chain kit.
- The secret behind the astonishing performance of these chains is D.I.D's exclusive pin treatment process. This special
treatment produces an extremely hard surface layer, while maintaining a softer inner core. These chains combine extreme impact resistance with efficient shock absorption. In addition, they are well protected against rust.
- Modern motorbikes place increasingly high demands on the drive components. New, more powerful machines and the requirement for materials to have a longer service life demand a new solution - and it is provided by D.I.D X-ring chains. The specially shaped sealing rings significantly alter the friction area of the side plates. At the same time, doubling the number of sealing points from 2 to 4 has the effect of safeguarding far more effectively against lubricant loss, and also provides optimum protection against dirt.
All this results in an extremely long service life This chain can effortlessly withstand major stresses and strains, and also offers noticeably smoother running.